What is Dose 5?
Dose 5 is a mode in the bioSCENAR Professional device models that measures and assesses the responsiveness of the meridians. 24 meridian points are measured with a special cylindrical and point electrodes on the patient ‘s hands and feet. The device measures the Initial Reaction (IR) of these points and represents them on the LCD screen in table and graphical formats. The graph shows the difference between the IRs of each symmetrical pair of measured points – on the left hand and right hand and left foot and right foot. The bigger the difference in the IR on the left and right sides, the longer the line is on the graph, giving the Practitioner visual representation of the most responsive meridian – the longest line. The screen can be toggled between graphical and table view by pressing the Square button.
Before you start
1. Clean the device and the Local Acupuncture Diagnostic electrode with alcohol wipe before the treatment.
2. Client’s hand and feet need to be clean (with soap 2 hours before treatment), no moisturises, creams or any chemicals, no manicure or pedicure.
How to measure?
3. Increase Energy level to 20, select F 90Hz and switch ON Dose 5 Mode. (Some models reset the energy Level to 20 and F to 90Hz automatically when the Dose 5 mode is enabled)
4. Connect the Local Acupuncture Diagnostic electrode to the device.
5. Patient holds the cylindrical electrode with the right hand. Start measuring the Left-hand points as per the diagram below. Apply firm pressure on each point and allow 1-2 seconds for the measurement to complete. You will hear two beeps and the IR will appear on the screen for each point.
6. Once all measurements on the left hand are completed, ask the patient to hold the cylinder with the left hand and start the measurement of the right hand as per the diagram below.
7. Continue with the left foot, patient is holding the cylinder with right hand.
8. Continue with the right foot, patient is holding the cylinder with left hand.
9. If you make a mistake, press the + or – button to select the wrong measurement and do the measurement again for this point.
10. When all measurements are completed, press the Square button to access the graph view and identify the longest line. In this example the longest line is H3.
11. Toggle back to the table view by pressing the Square button and double check if H3 has the biggest difference in IR between the left and right hands. In this example it is 26-15 = 11 and it is the biggest in comparison to all other pairs.
How to treat?
12. Locate H3 in Annex 2 of the RITM OKB Manual – Heart meridian C(V)/H3. Switch Dose 2 On and increase the energy level to comfortable sensation. Dose each point according to the diagram, starting from point 1 and finishing at point 10. The IR of the left hand (15) is smaller than the IR of the right hand (26) thus you have to follow the treatment is ascending order (from 1 to 10).
Additionally, treat the Heart meridian with the SCENAR Meridian Stretch Technique.
13. If there are two or more meridians with the same difference between the IRs, write them down and refer to Annex 3 of the RITM OKB Manual. Identify the patient complaints in the Annex 3 table and treat the corresponding meridian as per Step 11.
Client is presenting with headache and ear problems.
There are 3 meridians with the equal difference between IR on the left and on the right sides. The difference for the H4, F1 and F3 is 13 (H4 – |25-38|=13, F1 – |31-44|=13 and F3 – |25-38|=13). All of these meridians are equally responsive.
Go to Annex 3 and read the symptoms related to H4, F1 and F3. Since headache and ear problems are related to Small Intestine Meridian (H4) treat this meridian according to Annex 2 – Dose 2 each point, staring from point 1 and finishing with point 16 (the IR on the left hand and smaller than the IR of the right hand hence treat in ascending order).
How often to treat?
For acute conditions treat every day. For chronic conditions treat 2-3 times per week.